Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Romans 1:11-17

Well, it has been a busy day - Have not had much of a moment to journal, but here goes...
11 For I long to see you in order that I may impart some spiritual gift to you, that you may be established; 12 that is, that I may be encouraged together with you [while] among you, each of us by the other's faith, both yours and mine.
I posted a question on Facebook based on this verse last night - if God could give you a spiritual gift, what would you like it to be?
I had several interesting answers. Tonight - in response - I posted this:

Romans 1:11 led me to ask this question: 11 For I long to see you in order that I may impart some spiritual gift to you, that you may be established;
and I realized that we have the POWER of Jesus and His Holy Spirit to be a blessing to others - and that through Jesus, we have been blessed with every spiritual blessing (Eph. 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ). May God richly bestow His blessings upon you. Lisa, may you have a clue. Andi - Humility - (Which is simply acknowledging that all we have comes from God). Tanya - discernment (well spoken, by the way!), Paul - you have His forgiveness (well-spoken, as well!), Debbie - may you have peace that surpasses understanding (Phil. 4:6-7), Cheryl, may you have that peace NOW! and Doug - May we all be living sacrifices to/for Him. Press ON!
Again - is there anything special that we have (that God has given, of course) to impart to others? - and is there something lacking in us that needs to be imparted? The imparting is that they/we may be established.

13 And I do not want you to be unaware, brethren, that often I have planned to come to you (and have been prevented thus far) in order that I might obtain some fruit among you also, even as among the rest of the Gentiles.
Paul lived to bear fruit. We need to make that our ambition.

14 I am under obligation both to Greeks and to barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish. 15 Thus, for my part, I am eager to preach the gospel to you also who are in Rome.
are we EAGER to share the gospel? And do we show favoritism - or are we willing to share with whomever?

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

I can say that I am not ashamed of the gospel. It is the POWER of God for salvation to everyone WHO BELIEVES. It is not power for everyone - only those who believe.
17 For in it [the] righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "But the righteous [man] shall live by faith."
LIVE by faith. Every aspect of our lives needs to be governed by faith.

Father, increase our faith. Help us to be aware and sensitive to the leading of Your Holy Spirit. May we find His power in our lives - and the power of the gospel - that we might continue in faith - believing You for every aspect of our lives. Amen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home